Bazaar pet

As a kid, I was always fascinated with animals and how they lived. When I was in school, Biology was really the only subject, next to art and music, that I really gave attention to. It wasn't long before I started bringing home things and trying my best to maintain them such as bugs in the yard or stray house spiders, but eventually I realized I couldn't quite keep them, so I let them go out of compassion. I wanted them, but I didn't want them and have them suffer and die.

I grew a strong passion for creepy crawlies, as my friends would put it, and reptiles. then, after many hours of begging, I got me a beloved iguana so wasn't the friendliest lizard. he later died due to me not having the stuff to really keep him. At that time, I didn't know about heat lamps, and things like that. In fact, the pet store sold me a rock that burned him. After that, I felt that maybe pets weren't a good idea, especially from the local pet store. My reptile and exotic pet dream faded after that.


Over the years, my interest never really went away but instead grew more and more inside me like a cancer until two days ago after research and browsing forums that I finally bought me a scorpion.

Say hello to my lil friend.....


Photobucket
Desert Hairy Scorpion (Hadrurus arizonensis)


After two days of care, He ate 3 crickets. Quite the eater, but i think he just ate it cause it was just there. the cricket practically hopped on his carapace(?) before he devoured them.

I hope this is the first of many inverts and exotics.

NEXT ON MY LIST: Something from the cyriocosmus family! A beautiful species of dwarfish tarantulas.

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment